Mecklenburg County is the Lead Agency for Coordinated Entry for the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Continuum of Care.
If you are experiencing homelessness or think you will be homeless soon, Coordinated Entry is your first step to connect to homeless services and homelessness prevention resources in Mecklenburg County.
When you call the Coordinated Entry hotline, please leave a message. A staff person will call you back within 2 business days to collect information about you and your situation so that they can refer you to available programs you may be eligible for like emergency shelter, street outreach, and financial assistance to prevent homelessness. The Coordinated Entry Hotline can be reached at (704) 284-9665.
Mecklenburg County Coordinated Entry CAN:
- Provide friendly, compassionate service and a listening ear
- Assist in identifying resources
- Assist in generating creative solutions
- Provide referrals to which you are eligible to shelters, outreach, diversion, and
prevention, if available
Mecklenburg County Coordinated Entry CANNOT:
- Provide financial assistance
- Provide a discharge plan
- Provide motel vouchers
- Provide housing vouchers or low-income housing
- Provide immediate shelter (some shelters have waitlists)
- Provide transportation, bus passes or moving services
- Act as landlords, housing providers or housing navigators
Please call (704) 284-9665 and leave a message. A staff person will call you back Monday through Friday between the hours of 8AM-5PM.
For non-homeless related assistance, please contact 2-1-1.